Sunday, January 31, 2016

Chinese 國語 2 第一課跟第二課 Lessons One and Two 上 First Semester

For a general overview of these textbooks and how they're used in Taiwanese elementary schools, refer to Elementary School in Taiwan: Overview of Classes and Textbooks Used




第一單元 Unit One: 新的開始 A New Beginning

小朋友, 過了一個長長的暑假, 恭喜你升上二年級了!  新的學期, 新的開始, 說一說你對自己有什麼新的期望呢?  Congratulations children, on reaching the second grade after your long summer break.  A new semester is a new beginning.  Talk about your new expectations.




一 One: 開學日 The First Day of School

開學日,
The first day of school,
我們來到新教室,
We arrive at our new classroom,
我坐上新的子,
We sit in new seats,
看一看身邊的朋友,
Look at the friends next to you,
今天是新學期的開.
Today is the beginning of a new semester.

開學日,
The first day of school,
我們打開新的課本,
We open new textbooks,
書中有可愛的圖,
Within [the books] are cute pictures,
書中有好聽的故事,
Within [the books] are good stories,
書中有新的事,
Within [the books] are new things,
著新書,
I hold my new book,
心裡好歡喜.
I feel joy in my heart.

語文焦點  Language Focus 一 1

我會寫字 (數字為扣除部首後筆畫數 / 總筆畫數) I can recognize words (number is the number of strokes minus the radical / total number of strokes)

[These are the characters/vocabulary that students would practice in their writing books at home.  Radicals and the above-mentioned number of strokes are placed next to each character.]

1. 教 teach 2. 室 room 3. 位 seat/place 4. 身 body 5. 邊 side/near 6. 始 beginning 7. 課 class 8. 本 book/volume 9. 書 book 10. 中 middle/medium 11. 畫 draw 12. 奇 strange/unique 13. 物 thing 14. 抱 hug/hold

我會認字 I Can Recognize Words

抱 hold/hug     抱枕 pillow
泡 bubble     泡泡 bubbles
我的抱枕上畫著七彩的泡泡.  There are colorful bubbles drawn on my pillow.

拉 pull     拉開 pull open/out
位 seat/person     位子 seat
我拉開椅子, 讓妹妹坐在位子上.  I pull out the chair and let little sister sit in [her] seat.

我會念 I Can Read

好聽的故事 A good [sounding] story
有趣的事物 And interesting thing
美麗的彩虹 A beautiful rainbow
美味的點心 A tasty snack

我會讀一讀*

我抱著新書, 心裡好歡喜.  I hold the new book and my heart is joyful.
爸爸開著新車, 心裡好滿意.  Father drives a new car and his heart is satisfied.
哥哥拿著獎狀, 心裡好得意.  Big brother takes the award and his heart is proud.
姐姐挑著相片, 心裡好高興.  Big sister picks up the photographs and her heart is happy.




二 Two: 天亮了 The Sun is Up

天亮了, 太陽公公起了.  The sun is up, Grandfather Sun has gotten out of bed.

太陽公公拍拍小草, 輕輕的說: "天亮了!" 小草挺起腰, 看起來很有精神.  Grandfather Sun pats the little plants, and softly says: "The sun is up!"  The little plants stand upright and look very energetic.  

太陽公公摸小花的頭, 笑著說: "天亮了!" 小花起頭, 看起來很有活力.  Grandfather Sun touches the heads of the little flowers, and giggles: "The sun is up!"  The little flowers lift up their head and look very lively.

太陽公公長手臂, 和大樹握手說: "天亮了!" 大樹也向太陽說: "早安!"  Grandfather Sun stretches out his arms, and shaking hands with the big trees says: "The sun is up!"  The big trees say "Good morning!" to the sun.

太陽公公輕輕來到我的床邊, 親我的.  我開眼睛, 笑著說: "早安!"  Grandfather Sun lightly arrives at my bedside and kisses me on the face.  I open my eyes and giggle: "Good morning!"

語文焦點  Language Focus 一 2

我會寫字 (數字為扣除部首後筆畫數 / 總筆畫數) I can recognize words (number is the number of strokes minus the radical / total number of strokes)

[These are the characters/vocabulary that students would practice in their writing books at home.  Radicals and the above-mentioned number of strokes are placed next to each character.]

1. 床 bed 2. 精 energy 3. 神 spirit 4. 摸 touch 5. 抬 lift up 6. 活 live/living 7. 力energy/power 8. 伸 stretch 9. 握 shake (hands) 10. 早 early 11. 安 peace/peaceful 12. 親 kiss/family 13. 臉 face 14.張 open/page

我會認字 I Can Recognize Words**

台 "tai"  +   手 hand  =   抬 lift up/raise     抬頭 lift up [your] head
屋 house  +   手 hand  =    握 shake (hands)     把握 hold/grasp
申 extend  +   人 people/person  =    伸 extend     伸手 reach out
主 important  +   人 people/person  =   住 live/reside     住家 residence
莫 "mo"  +   手 hand  =   摸 touch     摸黑 touch black
白 white  +   手 hand  =   拍 pat/clap     拍打 tap
牛 cow  +   人 people/person  =   件 item     事件 thing/event
到 arrive  +   人 people/person  +   倒 pour/topple     跌倒 fall down

我會念 I Can Read

小花抬起頭 The little flowers lift up their heads
太陽公公伸長手臂 Grandfather Sun extends his arms
我張開眼睛 I open my eyes
我們舉起雙手 We raise our hands

我會讀一讀 I Can Read

大雨過後, 小草挺起腰, 看起來很有精神.  After the big rain the little plants stand upright and look very energetic.
哥哥穿上軍服, 戴上軍帽, 看起來很神氣.  Big brother looks very dashing in his army uniform and army hat.

*I put in the "my heart is..." part to make it sound more like the Chinese.  You could easily leave that out.

**Some of these words have a thousand meanings and are thus more difficult to translate without a modifying character.  "Tai" 台 and "mo" 莫 for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment